Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mediterranean Sandwich and Kid's Snacks

A few days ago we tried a special attempt to eat a healthy lunch. This was the result. It's a huge struggle to get my girls to eat vegetables so we tried some carrot "buttons" this time around. It seemed to be a hit. My three-year-old ate a lot more than she normally would, and without ranch too! She also ate crackers, olives, and grapes, and it filled her up quite nicely. I think sometimes I forget that I don't always have to feed my kids what I would deem as a meal. Sometimes a good collection of healthy snacks can do the trick. :)



For my lunch, I attempted to make up a different kind of sandwich using leftovers I had in my fridge. I toasted some whole wheat bread, spread on a generous amount of hummus, broke up some olives, cut up some sun-dried tomatoes, and julienned some fresh basil to put on top.



It was really just an experiment...



But, to my surprise and delight, it was delicious! All those earthy Mediterranean flavors melded very well. I'm definitely making it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment